Friday 8 March 2013

Time To Tussle with The Tau



So I have another game arranged. Hoorah!! I lost to the dastardly Tau last time, fair and square. I tried out a couple of new units, the Wraithguard and the Shadow Spectres. Mainly because I liked the models. I still like the models, but I had a couple of issues with the Wraithguard not really doing a great deal because they are slowwwwwwwww.....
I'm really taken with the idea of an all-ghost army, so I am going to see if I can get somewhere near that for my 41st Birthday game! And make sushi from the Fishboyz! (Are you listening Morkos? :-) ). So. I've got a wraithseer which isn't assembled yet, and another wraithlord that I chopped the legs up of this week, to see if I could get it to look a bit Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. We'll see.
I liked the scaring effect the Wraithguard had on my most worthy opponent last time, but I want them to MOVE a bit quicker!! I'm hoping that adding Fleet to them with the Wraithseer will make me happy. The cover save reduction power might come in mighty handy too with all the ruins floating about on our table. (They don't actually float you understand, I haven't finished my anti gravity invention yet).
So I have a legless Wraithlord (well, one in a lot of bits anyway), and an unbuilt Wraithseer to get ready in 2 weeks. Not a chance. This may be the first time in a while that I break my self imposed "no paint no play" rule. I reckon I can build them both in that time easy, but paint will be a stretch. Especially as I'm still finishing the Giant Space Elf War Robot off.
So I'm going to try and get the Wraithseer built. The standard pose is a bit static I reckon, so I had a scout round the web for inspiration. Or something to copy if I'm being absolutely honest. And I found this here:

It's by a guy called Defenestratus who seems to know his Eldar onions:
Cool pose. I am going to, erm, emulate it I think.

Reckon my list will probably end up something like:

Farseer
Wraithseer

Wraithguard (10)
DA's in a Serpent
Jetbikes (8)

Wraithlord (CC)
Wraithlord (Shooty)

Warp Spiders
Shadow Spectres

Or something like that. I'll probably change it all before then. Or not.


P.S. I got the Tim Divar pic off the internet, but couldn't track down the blog it came from: sorry!!

2 comments:

  1. As it's your birthday, I'll let you win ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT's how I won!! I knew it couldn't possibly have been my consummate skill or anything.

    ReplyDelete